Looking for a refreshing Springtime smoothie? Give this layered pineapple green smoothie a try! This shout out to celery is in honor of National Celery Month, and this smoothie is packed with celery (of course) along with kale, pineapple, and other antioxidant rich fruits. Enjoy!
1 cup of almond milk, divided
1 ½ cups pineapple, frozen
1 small tangerine (seedless)
½-1 cup ice
2 kiwis, peeled
1 small tangerine
1 cup baby kale
1-2 large stalks of celery
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. In a blender, place ½ cup almond milk, half the banana, 1 cup pineapple, ¼ of the tangerine, and ½ cup of ice.
2. Blend until smoothie and pour into 2 medium sized glasses.
3. Place in freezer while preparing green layer.
1. In a blender, place the remaining almond milk, orange, pineapple, ice, and banana along with the kale, celery, and 1 ½ kiwis.
2. Blend until smooth, may need to add more ice or almond milk depending on desired consistency of the smoothie. TIP: This layer should be slightly thicker than the yellow layer.
3. Pour the green layer over the yellow layer and garnish with the remaining kiwi.
Nikki Kuhlmann is currently a senior at South Dakota State University majoring in dietetics and minoring in biology.
Kelsey Johnson is a Junior at South Dakota State University majoring in Dietetics & Pre-Medicine with a minor in Health Education.