Honey Blueberry Cobbler with Oat Crumble
2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup quick oats
2 tbsp. brown sugar
5 tbsp. cold butter, cubed
1/2 tbsp. salt
3 pints blueberries
3 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 cup + 1/4 cup water (divided)
1/4 cup cornstarch
To make the topping:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter or two forks, mix ingredients and cut in butter. Chill until ready to use.
To make filling:
- Combine blueberries, sugar, honey, and 1 cup water in a medium pot. Bring to a simmer on the stovetop and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch and stir into blueberry mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Pour blueberry filling into a greased 9×13 pan. Crumble topping on top of the filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the topping is browned.
Mary Clay Kline is a sophomore at The University of Alabama, majoring in Food and Nutrition. She is the market manager of Homegrown Alabama, the university’s on-campus farmer’s market, and she hopes to one day pursue a career in food journalism.
Photo Credit: Allie Einarsson