When you are in the mood for a sweet and hydrating treat this summer, look no further than your freezer. Turning your favorite fruits and juices into delicious popsicles is easier than you think. Just mix a few flavors together, fill up some molds, freeze, and enjoy! Check out these popsicle ideas for some inspiration.
- For a fruity twist, try cantaloupe and strawberries.
Grab some cantaloupe and strawberries and get to slicing! Puree the cantaloupe pieces for a smooth base, add the sliced berries, and freeze. You can even experiment with watermelon, honeydew, pineapple, and other berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries!
- For an old-fashioned creamsicle try vanilla yogurt and orange juice concentrate or mango puree.
Blend the two together, and voila! Swap in strawberry yogurt for a tangy spin, or greek yogurt to satisfy your fro-yo craving.
- For an excuse to eat more chocolate, try nutella, bananas and a splash of almond milk.
Add ingredients to your blender and mix until smooth. Once frozen, you will be in creamy, fudgesicle heaven.
- For an extra dose of greens, try freezing your green juice or smoothies!
As much as we love salads, eating them everyday can be a challenge. By turning your green smoothie made with spinach or kale and frozen fruit into a popsicle, your dessert just got a little healthier!
When it comes to popsicles, recipes are not the only variable! Mix it up with fun molds.
- For traditional popsicles with some added fun, try these easy popsicle molds with built-in straws.
- Go mini with these popsicle makers.
- Revisit those rocket pops from your childhood with these molds.
Lizzie McManus is a graduate student at Drexel University pursuing her M.S. in Human Nutrition. She plans to become a registered dietitian specializing in whole foods and plant-based nutrition.