These marvelous muffins are an awesome grab-and-go breakfast. Simply combine the base ingredients then add your fave mix-ins.
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 cup chocolate chips
Have it your way! To customize your muffins use:
1/8 cup raisins, craisins, dried blueberries, or other dried fruits
1/8 cup chopped walnuts, slivered almonds, or cashew pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the banana completely.
3. In the same bowl, add the applesauce, maple syrup/honey, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
4. In a smaller bowl, combine the rolled oats and baking powder.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir to incorporate completely.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips or other add-ins.
7. Place 6 muffin liners in a muffin pan, and fill each 3/4 full.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
9. Allow to cool completely before consuming.