This is the perfect Thanksgiving side dish that everyone will love. The mixture of balsamic vinegar, cranberries, and walnuts give these green beans a new twist. Bonus: you’re getting your serving of veggies in too!
Yields 4 servings
12 oz. green beans
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup walnuts, in pieces (can also use sliced almonds instead)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
Salt to taste
1. Wash and trim the ends of the green beans.
2. Combine balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place olive oil and garlic in skillet and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
2. Add in green beans and cook on medium high heat, tossing frequently, until browning and tender-crispy, about 10-12 minutes.
3. Add in balsamic vinegar and honey mixture, walnuts, and cranberries. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
4. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
Nikki Kuhlmann is currently a senior at South Dakota State University majoring in dietetics and minoring in biology.
Photo Credit: Nikki Kuhlmann